Monday, April 6, 2009

Lazy ??? What is it?

Well, the dictionary says the following:

–adjective
1. averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent.

2. causing idleness or indolence: a hot, lazy afternoon.

3. slow-moving; sluggish: a lazy stream.

4. (of a livestock brand) placed on its side instead of upright.


–verb (used without object)
5. to laze.


So....my goal is to figure out, AM I LAZY? I have told myself for a long time that I was not, that it was the weight making it hard for me to do some things, making me tired, etc. WELLLLL...I have to say that while that is definitely true to some degree, it's an excuse. Yes...I said it, I was making excuses because it was too much work and effort to do these things, because it wears you out so much more at a higher weight. Well guess what...maybe if I HAD done those things that wore me out, I just MIGHT have lost some of the weight! WOW....a lightbulb moment!

So, for the definition.

#1 - yes, a dislike for work or a certain activity, I could definitely say I didn't do things because of that reason!

#2 - causing idleness...well gosh, "being lazy" as in just wanting to sit around, right? YES! I have felt so many times like when I had a quiet day at home that it was my RIGHT to "laze" around. And it is...but I think I overdid it!

#3 - slow-moving, sluggish - UMMM....HELLLLOOOOOO! That is all we need to say.

#4 - Did they just call me LIVESTOCK!!!???? LOL.

#5 - To laze - well, think I admitted that already!

GUESS WHAT - I've just realized that I am lazy! And know what? That will never change, because all of those reasons above will always be valid. HOWEVER, I've realized as well that the difference between being called LAZY and being LAZY is the extreme you take those to!

No comments:

Post a Comment